2018 licensee survey outcomes
Dairy Food Safety Victoria is committed to continually improving the way we work with the aim of being a proactive, effective and robust regulator.
Benchmarking from our two previous surveys in 2016 and 2017 we have again undertaken a survey of our licensees to understand their needs, their experience of working with us and how we are meeting their expectations.
The survey assessed licensees’ satisfaction with and confidence in our delivery of our regulatory obligations including:
- the extent to which we are delivering a timely and proportionate response to food safety incidents
- the perceptions of licensees’ confidence in our ability to deliver on our regulatory obligations
- the level of satisfaction with the quality of communications that licensees receive
- how licensees perceive the culture of DFSV.
Key findings of the 2018 survey
Similar to the results from the previous surveys, licensees have a high degree of confidence in DFSV as a regulator and that its activities adequately safeguarded public health.
- Licensees consider that DFSV supports them with appropriate level of guidance to comply with food safety regulations.
- Licensees maintain high levels of confidence that DFSV staff have the appropriate skills to undertake their role and exercise their authority with confidence.
A significant number of responses were received from licensees. A big ‘Thank You’ to all who gave their time, participated in the survey and their feedback and comments. Your input lets us know where we can continue to build on our strengths, for example continuing to support our staff and their professional development, but also to improve in areas where there are opportunities to do so.