Understanding Food Safety Programs - New Online Course
A new online training course has recently been developed for Australian dairy manufacturers on food safety programs.
The course, developed by Dairy Food Safety Victoria (DFSV), Safe Food Queensland and Dairy Australia, is ideal for business leaders, QA Managers and other staff that want to better understand the need for a food safety program in their business. Users will learn what to include in the company overview section of a food safety program, why pre-requisite programs underpin the principles of HACCP, and how to apply the HACCP principles to identify food safety hazards and appropriate controls. Practical examples will provide context to the principles discussed throughout this course, giving users a greater understanding and path forward for developing or amending their own food safety program.
This course covers:
- What a food safety program is & why your business needs one
- The 3 main elements of a food safety program
- What to include in the Company Overview section
- What pre-requisite programs are and how they underpin the principles of HACCP
- The 7 principles of HACCP
- Best practices for developing a HACCP plan
This course is free for all dairy manufacturers in Australia and takes approximately 2 hours to complete (though it can be paused and resumed at any time).
Register (or login if you already have a Clui account) here.