Gifts, benefits and hospitality
DFSV’s gifts, benefits and hospitality policy is intended to support individuals and Dairy Food Safety Victoria (DFSV) to avoid conflicts of interest, maintain high levels of integrity and public trust and behaviour and to support behaviour consistent with the Code of Conduct for Victorian public sector employees and the Code of conduct for directors of Victorian Public Entities.
This policy applies to all DFSV executives, board members, employees, applicable contractors and consultants and any individuals or groups undertaking activity for or on behalf of DFSV and requires that:
- made by a current or prospective supplier
- made during a procurement or tender process by a person or organisation involved in the process
- made by people or organisations about which they will likely make regulatory decisions involving licensing, compliance or enforcement actions
- a token offer (less than $50) that has been made on several occasions by the same person or organisation where the cumulative value of the offers, or the perception that they may influence the recipient, results in the offers becoming non-token.
- likely to influence them, or be perceived to influence them, in the course of their duties or raise an actual, potential or perceived conflict of interest
- by a person or organisation about which they will likely make a decision (also applies to processes involving grants, sponsorship, regulation, enforcement or licensing)
- likely to be a bribe or inducement to make a decision or act in a particular way
- that extend to their relatives or friends
- with no legitimate business benefit to DFSV and/or the State
- of money, or used in a similar way to money, or something easily converted to money
- where, in relation to hospitality and events, DFSV will already be sufficiently represented to meet its business needs
- where acceptance could be perceived as endorsement of a product or service, or acceptance would unfairly advantage the sponsor in future procurement decisions
- made by a person or organisation with a primary purpose to lobby Ministers, Members of Parliament or public sector agencies
- made in secret.
DFSV maintains a register of gifts, benefits and hospitality (greater than $50) offered to individuals.
|Date offered||Offered to||Offered by||Description||Reason offered||Estimated value||Decision|
|10/11/2016||General Manager, Planning & Business Services||Toshiba (Australia) Pty Ltd||Two tickets to 2017 Australian Open tournament||Client relationship management||$900||Declined|
|13/12/2017||Manager, Governance||Kerrative Pty Ltd||Movie gift card||Included in Christmas card||$50||Declined|
|Chief Scientist and General Manager Industry Support||Declined|