Licence transfers

If you are planning to take over a current licence to operate a dairy business held by another person or company, you must apply for a licence transfer.

There is no need to apply for a new licence.

The form includes a section to be completed by the current licence holder to provide their agreement to the transfer. If this section cannot be completed you must attach a certified statutory declaration advising Dairy Food Safety Victoria (DFSV) why this is the case and stating the reason the licence should be transferred.

Once the transfer form is submitted, together with the transfer fee, a DFSV food safety manager will contact you to discuss your food safety program and make an appointment to inspect the premises. For farm transfers, currently there is no transfer fee applicable and a DFSV food safety manager is not required to inspect your premises.

You can download and print the relevant transfer application form below.

Dairy farmer bovine      Dairy farmer non-bovine     Dairy manufacturer      Dairy carrier   Dairy distributor